A Glimpse of Technical SEO
Technical SEO is super important for your website to put it in the top search results on the Google search engine. It is an essential skill that you need to have if you are looking for the growth of your online business. Broken links are used for the growth of your website because they use the interlinks of other pages. The search engine optimization techniques are involved in creating and optimizing a website that search engines can readily crawl, index, and render using the proper tools. Raking on the search engine is like a puzzle, and technical SEO is just a part.
According to statistical data, 68% of online search experiences begin with the search engine. It is a fact that 53.3% of website traffic comes from organic searches. However, 92.96% of the global search comes from Google search, Google maps and Google images. SEO is driving 1000% more traffic than organic social media searches.
These statistics are enough to tell you the importance of technical SEO to get organic reach and improve the site structure. Let’s quickly look into the definition of technical SEO and its importance.
A technical SEO is a process of improving the ranking of your website on Google search results by meeting all the technical requirements and the goal of improved organic ranking. The essential parts of a technical SEO include indexing, crawling, rendering, and website architecture. Google search console finds your webpage by matching the keywords present in the user’s search input.
If you are creating engaging and valuable content for your website, it will directly convert a usual reader into a good customer. Moreover, search engines cannot find your website on their own without the use of SEO. Just think of a situation where you are trying to sell your car, you can have a great interior, good condition of the engine, but if the exterior has bumps; no one will be interested in buying your car.
Similarly, if you have great content and use it, you are providing value to the users, but it is all useless if you are not including the proper keywords and do not focus on the flow of the blog. Your web page will not have enough viewers, and you can easily get demotivated due to the less interaction of your content with the users.
Your website should have a fast loading speed, low lag and should attract more viewers by providing them an experience that will stay with them for their life. It doesn’t mean that your technical SEO has to be perfect to rank to get the best reach.
You need to keep multiple features in mind for improving the technical aspect of your website to provide users with a great reading experience with high uptime. The process includes optimizing various tools and skills to improve the SEO ranking of your website.
- XML sitemap: It is a free sitemap generator service that provides signals to the search engine about the URLs on a website that are available for crawling. Moreover, it is a file with the list of most important pages of a website and helps Google quickly identify your website.
- Site architecture: It is the structure that delivers and organizes the content on your website. It has the essential features of the pages where they find content and the technical considerations that let the search engine bots crawl your pages. Optimizing your website is helping the website owners and the developer’s team to improve the performance of your website.
- URL structure: A URL is a combination of a domain name, protocol, and path and has a basic format. This whole structure is helpful for the browser to take the user to the desired destination of the website. It reflects the critical keyword, your website’s name, and the web page where you want to land.
- Structured data: Structured data is when the data is in a standardized format. It has a well-defined structure, complies to the data model, and follows a persistent order that a human being can easily access. It is yet another aspect of Technical SEO.
- Thin content: Thin content is content that does not have much importance to the visitors. It means that the generated content has been stolen and is unhelpful for the affiliated marketing. Thin content can be content that lacks depth and usefulness.
- Duplicate content: Duplicate content is a term used in search engine optimization to define the content that appears on more than one page. Duplicate content can be a substantial part of the content within or across the domains, and you can achieve it in different ways.
- Canonical tags: Canonical tag is a feature that tells the search engine about the particular URL that acts as the master copy of the webpage. This feature can prevent problems arising from identical or copied content appearing on multiple URLs. For searching particle pages on your site, you need to define that web page in the proper URL format.
These are some of the points you need to keep in mind to improve the technical SEO of your website. After knowing the essential technical terms, you need to consider them before targeting the search engine ranking. Let’s quickly have a look at setting up your website.
It is the first significant step involved in setting up your website correctly so that every page functions perfectly. You should know how to set up your website from the basics to have an exemplary data structure. A site audit can help your website improve its Google ranking by applying technical SEO.
Here are the SEO basics you need to keep in mind to set up your website from scratch.
- Buy a domain name: The first step in setting up your website for technical SEO is buying a domain name. The most popular domain name providers are Go Daddy, Wix, and Domain.com.
- Linking up your domain name to an IP address: An IP address is a unique feature that is your website’s identity. There may be other domain names and websites similar to your niche. To differentiate them from the others, you need to define the IP address.
Once you have completed these two basic steps, it’s time for you to start preparing your website to appear in the top search engine and web browsers. Following are the ways to make this happen.
- A person searching for your website: When a person searches something on the web, the Google search engine matches the keywords of the search with the WebPages and finds the best.
- Contacting DNS: The user’s internet browser will try to connect with the DNS to convert the domain name into the IP address. It will start requesting information about your website style and the coding and programming.
- Process of building: Once the DNS receives the request, it will begin building the website files that will appear in the user’s internet browser. Google search console helps the website operators by providing them the leverage of displaying their content on the top web pages.
- Beginning of the main show: Rendering is essential for your entire website building process.
- Final check: The browser takes the website through a final check by making any unfulfilled code requests to the server.
These were the steps involved in setting up your website for the technical SEO to improve the condition of your website. Now let’s have a look at the page speed.
Site structure also plays a vital role in improving the page speed, can improve the users’ experience and can bring more traffic to your website. It is like a cycle of processes; you need to choose the practical steps carefully.
Now you know about the factors affecting the page speed and how you can improve the speed of your web pages to reach more audiences. Now, let’s look at the process of improving the ranking of your website.
The ranking of your website on any search engine depends on multiple factors like internal and external links, proper use of keywords, site structure, backlink quality, content clusters, etc. It would help if you kept these factors in mind to improve the ranking of your website with the technical SEO.
You need to maintain the quality of the content you are adding to your website and go through the trends worldwide. The ranking factor is the most crucial factor you need to have while targeting to reach your financial goals.
You need to improve your content by integrating it with the keywords and proper backlinks to improve your website’s performance. To get organic reach, you need to stick to the basics and work on improving every line that you are adding to your website and web pages.
The ultimate guide to technical SEO can help you improve your website’s performance and maintain the speed of your web pages. It’s your turn now to get started with technical SEO to improve the condition of your website and increase the reach of your content. The iMetaDex is an organisation helping people interested in developing a website that stands alone and away from the market.
Let’s take the first step towards shaping the new future of your online business by using the proper and effective SEO tools.
To learn more about iMetaDex™, click here.