How Much Does YouTube Advertising Cost?
Google owns YouTube. The Google AdWords network is used for advertising on YouTube. In addition to bidding for ad placement, YouTube ads involve similar pricing as other Google AdWords campaigns. Therefore, it is impossible to estimate YouTube ad costs definitively. YouTuber’s in How To Make Money On YouTube, this post explores YouTube.
- Your YouTube viewer count will increase if you generate views at a cost-per-view of $0.010 – $0.030.
- Getting 100,000 viewers costs around $2,000 on average.
Does this look interesting to you? Looking for more information. Don’t worry; you can learn about YouTube ad costs by reading this blog.
YouTube Advertising: Why Would You Do It?
Over 1.5 million people log on to YouTube each month. Approximately one hour a day is spent watching YouTube on mobile devices. A rapid rise in YouTube watching on television has also been attributed to the popularity of Smart TVs.
Furthermore, YouTube has the second-highest search usage of any search engine after Google.
Thanks to Google Ad-words, YouTube has become one of the most popular mediums for advertisers worldwide.
Regarding daily budgeting, YouTube ads are the only challenge since there is no explicit price rate. Nevertheless, this is a common type of online advertisement. In general, the highest bidder usually gets the ad space online.
Choosing the suitable ad format
Various ad formats are available on YouTube. The following are among them:
- There are display ads above the video suggestions list to the right of the feature video. These ads are only available on desktop platforms.
- Using overlay ads, your video will appear in the lower 20% of your screen – only on desktop platforms. A text ad or an image ad can be used.
- An example of a skippable YouTube ad can be skipped. After 5 seconds, viewers can skip these ads before, during, and after videos.
- Video ads that are not skippable – these are ads that viewers have to watch before they can users watch the video. Videos that cannot be skipped are typically between 15-20 seconds long. Videos that cannot be skipped are typically between 15-20 seconds long. Videos that cannot be skipped are typically between 15-20 seconds long. Due to their unpopularity, YouTube will phase out the 30-second ads in the extended version.
- Before seeing the main video, viewers must watch a bumper ad for up to six seconds.
- Cards sponsored by the video provide relevant content, such as featured products and services.
The term True View video ad also refers to video ads. In-stream ads and video discovery ads are the two ad types that True-view offers. Recent changes to YouTube’s ad naming have simplified the process.
A video in-stream advertisement is shown as part of the video, for example, a skippable or non-skippable video advertisement and a bumper advertisement. As the name implies, video discovery ads help people discover your videos, usually through display and overlay ads.
You pay if someone watches at least 30 seconds of your True-view ad (unless it’s shorter). If somebody clicks on your ad thumbnail, you pay for the True-view video discovery ad.
By Skippable video, ads are by far the most popular. Advertisers may find non-skippable ads lucrative, but youtube users dislike them.
A display ad
- The absence of encroachment makes display ads less popular with advertisers. Your video advertising campaign can still benefit from them. As mentioned above, YouTube is the world’s second biggest search engine. When operating in a competitive niche, these ads may be an excellent alternative to Google ads.
- Paying as little as 3 cents per view is possible if you promote a video here.
- Using your niche’s popular phrases, you can create a video that matches that phrase and promote it with a display ad. That way, you’ll be able to make your YouTube ads as relevant to searchers as other featured videos.
- Video ads should target the searchers’ needs and then promote those videos.
- First, you need to upload engaging, entertaining videos to your YouTube channel. As soon as someone clicks through to your channel, you should create a compelling welcome video to keep them there. Your own YouTube channel or website can benefit from overlay ads.
- Overlay images can be created for anyone’s videos. By clicking through to your channel, you can gain added value.
- Watching skippable videos longer than 30 seconds (unless your ad is shorter) is what you pay for. It doesn’t matter who skips through your video as soon as they can.
- Keeping advertising costs low keeps you in the black, but you’ll gain nothing unless someone watches your ad, clicks through, and then purchases your product.
- Your ads must therefore be targeted accurately.
- A bumper ad is used by businesses to convey a short, memorable message to their potential customers. Due to their short length, they need to be to the point.
- Impressions are what you pay for bumper ads. For every 1,000 impressions, your ad receives. The Cost per thousand impressions is based on CPM – Cost per thousand impressions.
Video Ad Targeting
Each of your video campaigns will have a Targets tab. Similar to Google AdWords, you can target different types of people with this campaign.
YouTube serves your video ads to specific types of people by using the Targets tab.
You will need to target only the correct people to see your YouTube ads so that your campaign is worthwhile while keeping your YouTube ad’s cost low.
Your target will be tighter if you choose more targeting options. Most target groups should be able to choose between two and three targeting options.
Consider keywords when writing your content. Can you predict what terms your target audience will likely use when searching for YouTube videos?
To reduce unnecessary expenses, you should monitor this more closely so that you won’t have viewers of your videos who won’t go any further.
In general, if your product is aimed at middle-aged men, you should steer clear of video search terms most commonly used by teenage girls. Your ad would not be relevant if you targeted elderly women, for instance, on PewDiePie’s videos.
Negative keywords should be avoided, as well as positive keywords.
Besides targeting demographics, you should also look at other factors. Advertising to the rest of the world is unnecessary if you only sell your product in one country. Also, limiting your video advertising to countries with a majority of English-speaking residents may be a good idea.
Although your videos may be entertaining, you do not want them to be watched by people who are unlikely to become customers.
Video Ad Creation
In most cases, video creation accounts for the most significant portion of YouTube ad costs. Your video ad should reflect the level of sophistication and professionalism you are trying to achieve.
Suppose people skip your video at the 5-second mark if it is low quality. Your brand will also be negatively affected by a low-quality video.
It depends on your target audience’s expectations. Home-made videos can cost as little as $5,000 for some firms. Others will look shabby if they don’t spend $100,000 and hire professional actors, crews, and production values.
Video ads with more creativity are less likely to make viewers click the Skip Ad button.
You should keep in mind that YouTube is different from broadcast television. There is no Skip Ad button on a live TV viewer. Reusing television ads may save you money, but you will likely lose income if people bypass your ad.
There is only one exception: creating a cult ad. Some companies can upload video advertisements to YouTube instead of paid advertisements. The quirky safety videos produced by Air New Zealand have earned them a reputation. Due to this, YouTube does not charge them for advertising. Videos about safety are available on their thriving YouTube channel.
Suppose Video production isn’t accessible if you only have a small daily budget (and don’t have famous friends who can assist). It will probably take time for you to become comfortable in front of the camera.
You can produce videos on YouTube using YouTube’s tools. Businesses can even make professional videos with the help of a Director Onsite program. In early 2018, we will modify this project.
The bidding process
Bidding on ad placement is the key to determining your YouTube ad costs. The Cost of advertising on YouTube is not set.
You decide how much you are willing to pay for YouTube advertising daily. For YouTube advertising campaigns, most businesses allow at least $10 per day and then increase it after experimenting with different options. Your advertising costs you when someone engages with it. A skippable ad might catch their eye for 30 seconds, or a display ad might prompt them to take action.
Before setting your bidding options, make sure you have done your targeting. Depending on your targeting, YouTube makes different bidding suggestions.
Cost per view – or CPV – is usually the way you bid. If you bid for 30 seconds or more for each view, you will pay up to your bid figure.
The maximum amount per day you are willing to pay will also be set. If you find that more users watch your ads than you expected, you won’t receive any nasty surprises.
A Max Cost Per View will be asked of you. You’ll get a typical range of bids from YouTube.
If In the “Customize Bids Per Format” section, you can divide your bids by “In-Display” or “In-Stream .”Rather than bidding more for “In-display” advertising if you prefer “In-stream” advertising.
In search, display, and stream, YouTube shows your projected views/day. Your bids need to be adjusted if these numbers do not align with your intentions.
You will receive an average CPV prediction.
YouTube Campaign Optimization
What matters is not how much your YouTube Ads cost but how much return you can earn from them. To optimize the performance of your campaigns, you need to monitor them and continuously adapt them at regular intervals.
How to Optimize a YouTube Ad Campaign by Neil Patel covers this in detail. As a result of their YouTube ads, Gatorade was able to earn $13.50 for every $1 they spent.
To optimize your YouTube campaign, you must review your campaign statistics and understand what they tell you. Click-through rate and view rate are essential stats. Using these stats, you can determine whether your campaign works and whether people find your ads compelling.
Videos that are not compelling are the most common problem. You’d be better off revamping your videos to make more compelling content instead of giving up at this point and dismissing YouTube as a marketing option.
Your product could be highlighted through the creation of compelling content by influences.
Lack of exposure can sometimes be the cause of your problem. You may be losing advertising opportunities because your competition has outbid you. Consider bidding higher and observing how your ads will perform if they are exposed to a greater audience.
Your YouTube advertising will often yield the best results if you increase your budget. It can harm your bottom line and ROI if you skip on costs.
If you want to expand the reach of your business, YouTube is the perfect platform for you. More leads will come your way if you advertise on YouTube. Our job at iMETADEX is to help your business grow through YouTube advertising campaigns.
Our various digital marketing services have generated more than $2.4 billion in sales for our clients over the past five years. As an online marketing company, we know how to create custom campaigns that deliver meaningful results.
Our strategists are available online or on the phone if you’re ready to start advertising on YouTube.
To learn more about iMetaDex™, click here.
MetaSense Marketing Management Inc.