There is no longer a monopoly in digital marketing for big companies. Nowadays, even small businesses can outpace their competitors by using the Internet. All types of companies can benefit from local search engine optimization.
To increase your online visibility and get found by more customers, it makes sense to improve your online rankings with local SEO marketing services.
With local seo campaigns, businesses can reach local customers when they search online for their services.
Here are a few statistics to get you started:
- Search engines are used by 4 out of 5 users to find local information
- Within a day of doing a local search, 50% of customers visit the store
- A local search on a smartphone leads to an offline purchase in 18% of cases
Whether an online or brick-and-mortar business, these statistics demonstrate the importance of local SEO.
The following tips will help you gain an advantage over your competitors in local SEO campaigns.
Local search ranking factors: 3 factors to consider
It considers three significant factors:
What do these factors mean? Let’s explore:
The relevance of: You need to have a brand that is relevant to the keyword term people are searching for to rank in local searches.
The distance: In 2022, distance will also play a role in local search ranking, looking at how far a business or local result is from the location term used by the searcher. Google uses a searcher’s location to estimate the distance if no location is specified.
The prominence of: Your business’s reputation is also taken into account by google searches for local ranking purposes. link building, articles, and directories can provide information about the prominence of your business on the web.
Local search ranking is also affected by the number and quality of Google reviews for your business.
What is the importance of local search ranking?
In addition to your ongoing SEO campaign, you may be wondering whether you should also improve your local search ranking. These additional benefits can be obtained by ranking highly on local search engines:
- Site traffic increases as a result of your efforts
- Your business is easy to find for customers
- A higher number of people visit your store in person
- Maintain a competitive edge
Join Google Places
- For a strong presence on Google+ Local and Google Maps, creating your listings on Google My Business must appear in the Google local pack.
- In case you don’t know, google my business listing helps local businesses become visible and searchable on the web for users that live in the area.
- It’s time to create a listing and claim it if you don’t have one yet.
- Have trouble creating a Google listing? Check out these guidelines.
List yourself in major directories
- To increase your Internet visibility, you must create listings in local directories and review sites.
- While there are millions of local directories, you don’t have to spam each one with your business information.
Consistently follow your NAP
- Name, Address and Phone Number are the three parts of a business name. Your business first interacts with the user through this trinity of information.
- It’s all about consistency in this case. Your website must have an accurate and complete NAP.
- When you mention your NAP details on other directories and websites, they should be complete, accurate, and consistent.
- To ensure that search engines display your business information correctly, we recommend using Schema markup for your NAP.
Work on getting Reviews
- Your local search engine rankings are directly affected by local reviews. Your business needs to get good reviews. Thoughts aren’t just about google searches anymore; they’re also about Yelp (used by Apple Maps) and other directories.
- Get in touch with your existing customers/users to see if they’d be interested in leaving you a customer review. Discounts, freebies, and other incentives can be given to them.
- Include instructions on your website for writing reviews about your business. People can also get directions to your business by handing out flyers.
- Make sure your email signatures and web pages have review links.
Optimization of the website
- You reach your audience through the right keywords. You should always include your location in your targeted keywords.
- Your customers see your Meta Title and Meta Description first in search results. The meta title should contain 65-70 characters, and the meta description should contain 155-160 characters to include the target location-specific keyword.
- To determine the content of a page, Google bots use the H1 tag.
- Creating separate landing pages for each location is the first step for businesses with multiple locations. In addition, each location-specific landing page should have unique and relevant content (otherwise, it will be considered duplicate content).
- To make it easier for your customers to find you, embed a Google Map on your website.
- You should make sure that your website contains your NAP information in its entirety. Include details such as working hours, email address and phone number, discount offers, promotions, customer reviews, products or services descriptions, and link building to review sites.
Building local links
- Marketing professionals often overlook the importance of getting links from local sites for better rankings. You do not necessarily need links from high authority sites to build links from local websites that are doing something similar to yours.
- Now it’s your turn! In terms of local SEO, what strategies do you use?
- Please let us know in the comments below if any of these local seo strategy worked for you.
- Interested in ranking high in local search results?
- You’ve learned the local SEO ranking factors in 2022. Now what? Work with iMetadex if you’re looking for a local search ranking expert.
- If you’d like your ranking in local search to improve, we’ll be glad to help. More than 1000 clients have trusted us with their digital marketing needs.
- We look forward to speaking with you online or by phone at iMetadex knows Local SEO.
For more information, Connect with us.
To learn more about iMetaDex™, click here.